DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT OF LEGAZPI SAVINGS BANK
Legazpi Savings Bank Inc. (the “Bank”) is committed to protecting your personal and account information. We abide by strict rules of confidentiality and regulations. We will not disclose to any person or entity any information that you will provide to us without your express permission, unless we are required to do so by the law.
Data Privacy Statement
Our Data Privacy Practices
The data privacy practices explained in this Statement are for individuals and/or Bank’s clients that is designed to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A.10173) and its implementing rules and regulations.
Data Privacy Coverage
When accessing our corporate website and/or availing our products and services, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred to and be processed in the Philippines following legal and regulatory standards for data protection.
Why We Collect Personal Information
If you apply or avail of any Legazpi Savings Bank’s products and services or when you interact with our employees and authorized representatives, we collect your personal information. This may include, among others:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as government ID details;
- Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number and email address;
- Specimen signatures, employment and business details; and
- Images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities and voice recordings of our conversations with you.
We may, as and when necessary, seek to verify this information with third-party entities including government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
We also collect, use, process and analyze your personal information to help us improve our products and services.
In the course of availing our products and services, we also collect information about your transactions and dealings which include your account activities, movements and interactions with third parties such as merchants and utility companies.
To improve our service delivery, we may also collect, use and keep your personal opinions or comments made known to us via feedback or responses to surveys or any other interaction that you had with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers.
Uses of Information
We use the information collected to deliver and provide the products and services that you have availed to:
- approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions;
- respond to queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you, communicate with you including the sending ot statements and/or billings, administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- esign new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
- perform demographic and behavioral analysis to understand market’s needs, wants and trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- personalize the appearance of our websites and include location-based services such as finding the nearest ATMs or branches;
- communicate with you regarding the Bank’s products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; advisories and for personalizing your experience with our various touch points such as branches, ATM, telemarketing, e-mail, SMS and other marketing channels;
- perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud prevention;
- comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit risk management processes, policies and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, service facilities and channels, Legazpi Savings Bank’s rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- comply with applicable laws of Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001 (AMLA), as amended and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations) responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other similar authorities;
- perform such other activities permitted by the law or with your consent.
Further, if you are, become, or apply to become a client of any of our affiliates or parent bank, Legazpi Savings Bank and the parent bank and/or affiliate/s concerned has the option, but not the obligation to, rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- to facilitate your account opening or application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- to validate, consolidate or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- to provide consolidated billings, depositor investment summaries or other reports as you may request;
- to send you advisories, reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations and other notifications;
- for research purposes or to design banking, financial, securities and investment or other related products or services for your use; and
- to comply with a legal obligation to which Legazpi Savings Bank or the concerned parent bank or affiliate/s is subject.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share personal information with various units within Legazpi Savings Bank in order to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain such other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you.
We may share information with our parent bank and affiliates to likewise offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting.
We may share with outsourced service providers and perspective outsourced service providers that we engaged to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content.
We may also engage third parties to help us operate our business. These include support in:
- complying with legal requirements such as court orders;
- addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights property or security of our customers or third parties; and
- carrying out all other purposes set out above.
We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines. And in doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any other applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
Protection of Your Information
We fully recognize the value of your personal information particularly as it may include sensitive personal information such as your name, contact numbers, government-issued IDs, etc. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required or necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
You Have Rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes:
- the right not to receive marketing promotions;
- the right not to share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates or with other companies that we have business with, provided that such information is not critical nor required by applicable laws and regulations in maintaining the services that you have availed with us;
- the right to provide you with information that we currently have about you subject to restrictions applied to us as a bank and a company operating in the Philippines by certain laws and regulations; and
- the right to update your information.
For any queries, clarifications or requests on any aspect of this Statement, the exercise of your rights pertaining to your personal information or to provide any feedback that you may have about our processing of personal information, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our Contact Center at (052) 732-3000 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
You may also write to our Data Privacy Officer at:
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
Legazpi Savings Bank, Inc.
21st Floor Robinsons Galleria
Corporate Center, EDSA
Corner Ortigas Avenue,
Quezon City, Philippines
For complete reference on the Data Privacy Act, you may access the National Privacy Commission Website at https://privacy.gov.ph.
Changes to Our Data Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Data Privacy Statement from time to time to comply with relevant laws and regulations applicable to us or how we process, obtain, collect, record, organize, store, update, modify, use, access, protect, and share your personal information. Any relevant updates will be posted on the Legazpi Savings Bank corporate website.
Definition of Terms
Personal Information – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Websites - corporate website, social media pages and online banking facilities